Supplier Quality Engineer
- Establish and maintain the quality level of incoming components, analysis and coordination of returns, developing the supply base, and assisting in the supplier rating system and certification program.
- Contribute to the advanced product quality planning process; coordinating activities with suppliers and internal customers, to assure all needs are met for a successful product launch.
- Analyze and help solve production problems through statistical techniques, analysis and reporting, and through reduction of variation in the production process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the incoming inspection area and the procedures that govern incoming inspection. Incoming records must be maintained to track supplier compliance to specifications and for continuous improvement use in supplier base development.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the issuance of Complaints on Purchased Material and following up with the suppliers to assure root cause has been found and corrective action has been implemented to prevent recurrence. The incumbent will be required to obtain disposition from the supplier of any defective materials.
- The incumbent’s responsibility is to obtain corrective action on field returns and dispositions from the supplier.
- It is the incumbent’s responsibility to develop the supply base to continually improve the quality of incoming components. This is accomplished through working with the suppliers on incoming quality issues as defined above, through completion of system surveys and tracking supplier action plans to surveys for improvement and working with suppliers on new programs to assure all advance quality planning is completed in the proper fashion to assure smooth launch and proper quality levels at the start of production.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Voice of the Line (VOL) process.
- The incumbent will work closely with plant personnel and play an active role on supplier review teams, production launch teams, and supplier ratings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two year degree or certification in a related technical field.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experienced with MS Office programs. Minimum – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 3 to 5 years of progressive engineering experience
- Successful Evaluation from current position
- Specific for Position
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis and software
- Working knowledge of design drawing interpretation and basic GD&T
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Ethics and Values
- Conflict Management
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
Logical Career Progression:
- Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
- Engineering Specialist – Supplier Quality
Any revision to this job description must be approved by the Director, Quality and Director, Human Resources with an explanation of the revision documented.