Position: Production Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Sallisaw, OK
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the product meets all specifications and standards of quality and that all customer requirements, including delivery schedules, are met. The incumbent consults with his supervisor on long-term company policies and goals, or when a decision affects changes in other departments. The day-to-day problems are, for the most part, the incumbent’s to solve. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
NATURE & SCOPE:
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Lead the successful execution and continuous improvement of products manufactured.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, product profitability, quality and employee safety, morale and development. Ensures that the product meets all specifications and standards of quality and that all customer requirements, including delivery, are met.
- Foster and develop teamwork, cooperation and openness using employee empowerment concepts. Ensures that the manufacturing function is operating in compliance with facility policies, the
- Employee handbook, safety standards, good housekeeping practices and 6S.
- The incumbent works with the Human Resources Department in hiring or terminating employees, Working Together Handbook interpretations and disputes, safety programs, and other employee services.
- When a new product or an existing product is modified and is to be released for manufacturing, the incumbant works closely with Engineering regarding product specifications and with Manufacturing Engineering regarding machinery limitations and need for new or modified machinery.
- The incumbant is responsible for meeting schedules and for remedial action when delivery dates are not being met. Emergency orders are scheduled and coordinated by the Production Control Department.
- Develop strategies for, and ensure timely implementation of, manufacturing processes and systems which enable the business financial, quality, delivery, safety, morale and growth objectives are met and continuously improved.
- Employ the prescribed business systems, master plans, advanced technology and best practices as developed with the plant staff and to participate in the development and refinement of common systems in the best overall interest of the plant and SLPT.
- Directs and supervises the production operation to ensure attainment of the Unit’s productivity and profit goals.
- Cooperate and coordinate initiatives and actions with other managers and plant staff in the best interest of the plant and SLPT.
- Manage each function with the support, guidance and collaboration of supporting plant staff functions primarily responsible for developing the plant business systems.
- Develop and maintain high levels of customers service
- Ensure that new products are developed and launched in line with customer requirements and business objectives.
- Lead day to day management of resources and assets in the most effective manner ensuring that both short and longer term business objectives are satisfied.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Completes all other assigned task.
- Business Acumen
- Decision Quality
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Ethics and Values
- Motivating Others
- Building Effective Teams
- Problem Solving
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
This position requires a degree in either business administration, or engineering with five years of experience or manufacturing related positions in the manufacturing industry with at least eight years in a supervisory capacity.
The above statements are intended to provide a representative description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. These statements do not represent an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required of this position.