Product Technician III
Position: Product Technician III
Reports To: Test Lab Supervisor
Unit: Product Engineering
Location: Sallisaw, OK
Effective Date: 10/13/2021
Works closely with Product Development team to build prototypes, setup fixturing and perform development and validation testing as requested and on time. Accurately maintains and manages test data, logs and records to SLPT and customer procedures & requirements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Checks components to assure they meet drawing specifications, records measurements, and notifies supervisor of part discrepancies.
- Makes minor modifications to components using equipment required. Assembles prototypes and production components to meet blueprints, assembly manuals, or work orders.
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Assists in setting up test fixtures to assure correct alignment and location of test components. Installs test components and measuring equipment as necessary.
- Operates equipment and instrumentation to meet test specifications.
- Collects and organizes data into correct folder structure.
- Assists in conducting experiments on prototype and production hardware, responsible for understanding and executing a detailed test plan using proper instrumentation and data collection methods.
- Performs routine maintenance and assists in repairs, modification or installation of test equipment.
- Assists team with maintaining an organized, clean lab and workspace.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Process Management
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Learning on the Fly
- Ethics and Values
- Personal Learning
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Mechanical and/or electronic experience / aptitude
- Basic skills for reading a blueprint to assemble components and fixturing
- Basic measurement skill using micrometers, calipers, bore gages, etc.
- Ability to operate a Labview-controlled test stand with a general understanding of its operation with guidance from upper level techician and test engineers
H.S. Graduate minimum, associate degree or relevant technical schooling preferred. 1 – 4 years practical experience.
The above statements are intended to provide a representative description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. These statements do not represent an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities required of this position.